WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CONDUCTING EVENTS ON CAMPUS
This page provides a summary of updated policies and procedures related to events on campus during the pandemic as well as a listing of new outdoor locations that Event Management has made available to provide safe spaces for gathering during this time.
Keep the Compact
Please remember that everyone is required to follow the Columbia Community Health Compact, including wearing a face covering and keeping 6 feet of distance when accessing public space on campus.
KEEPING EVENT SPACES SAFE
Any additional details specific to a venue will be highlighted on that venue's page on this site. The following apply across all our venues:
- Essential gatherings must maintain physical distancing of 6 ft (2 m) between individuals.
- All staff, clients and guests are required to wear face coverings.
- Event hosts should pre-register guests to avoid lines and assist with capacity concerns. Digital check-in and materials are recommended.
- Event participation is restricted to CUID cardholders only and requires registration, and registration lists must be maintained by schools or units after events have taken place. External presenters must follow the University's Vendor Clearance Policy.
- If the event will be catered, there will be no buffet-style or self-serve F&B stations. Food must be staff-served with enhanced PPE or individually wrapped / boxed meals.
- Gathering in lobbies or other areas before or after event will not be permitted.
- All spaces will be monitored for capacity and cleanliness throughout the day.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting schedules have been implemented across our campus to promote a healthy and safe environment. All spaces are cleaned & all surfaces are disinfected after every event.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all Event Management spaces.