Plan a Student Event
Consider details like space, speakers, attendees, food and beverage, furniture and technical needs.
- How many people will be invited?
- Will the meeting be interactive, perhaps requiring seating to be arranged so that attendees are facing one another, or will it be lecture-style?
- Will you have outside speakers?
- Will alcohol be served?
- Will you need to use audio/visual equipment?
- Do you need the event catered?
Check out this helpful event planning guide from Public Safety that covers many of the key items you need to consider with a focus on maintaining the safety of your presenters and guests.
Review your event with your group's adviser and make changes to your plan if recommended. Once your adviser has given their approval, proceed to the next step.
Review available services and submit the appropriate requests. Remember, service requests must be submitted to Event Management at least 5 -10 business days prior to your event (depending on the service requested) to guarantee support.
Schedule and attend an Event Review with the Event Management team.
An event review is required for some special events, and must be scheduled 10 business days prior to the event date. Here are some ways in which an event review can make a good event, a great event:
- Event Management and your advising office connect you with other administrative offices that can support your event (Public Affairs, TIC, Facilities, Technical Services, Office of the Provost, Public Safety, etc.).
- An event review ensures your event is in line with University Policy.
- An event review acts as a one-stop-shop for students so they can iron out final details and have their questions answered while all of the campus partners are in one room.
An event review meeting may be requested by the sponsoring group or an officer of the University.
Please note: Event Reviews are only required for special events meeting certain criteria. See Student Event Policy. Reach out to your Adviser for more details on this process.
And lastly, enjoy your event!