Work With Us
Student staff must be able to anticipate, understand and meet the needs of customers; work as part of a team; represent the integrity of Columbia University and, most importantly, have fun.
In return, a job with Event Management provides student staff with many valuable skills that will transfer in work beyond Columbia University. Positions here offer a behind the scenes look at event management, customer service training and interaction with highly skilled and diverse members of the Event Management team.
Not a student?
Non-Columbia students or affiliates interested in working with our team should visit careers.columbia.edu to browse available positions and apply.
- Hours: Hours vary from week to week, depending on scheduled events. Flexible availability is a plus
- Payrate: $15 entry rate (lead or special skill set may earn a higher pay rate.) Please submit a resume and include the types of equipment you’ve worked with
- Job Description:
- Set up and strike general audio visual equipment including microphones, projectors, laptops, and mixers.
- Partner with the UEM team to create inspired and technically advanced productions.
- Work individually or with a team to meet a client’s technical requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with other Columbia organizations involved to coordinate event details.
- Skills Needed:
- Friendly and outgoing
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and think creatively
- Professional conduct
- Maintain positive attitude, while working under pressure
- Prior A/V, theater or production experience, working knowledge of theatrical lighting and sound consoles, portable sound systems, or other A/V-related equipment preferred.
- Hours: Monday-Friday (hours vary based on proejct)
- Payrate: $15 per hour
- Job Description:
- Office Assistants provide administrative support to one or more units in UEM. Short term and long term work assignments will be scheduled by the Assistant Director of Budget and Administration.
- Duties include reception, data entry, maintaining event files, bookkeeping and sign making, preparing materials for meetings, internet research and clerical support.
- Skills needed:
- Friendly and outgoing people skills
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
- A professional manner and attitude
- Filing and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge about Columbia’s campus (such as layout, where event spaces are located, etc.)
- Administrative and reception experience are preferred