Events with Alcohol
Crafting Custom Cocktails and Beverage Packages
Whether you're looking for a signature cocktail or comprehensive bar service, Event Management can create the drinks your guests will want to sip all night and talk about all the next day. From intimate dinner parties to large-scale weddings, we can create drinks your guests will love. Bar packages can include beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, and standard or premium liquors.
Guidelines & Policies
Hosting an on-campus event with alcohol service requires careful attention and prior planning. The following provides a brief overview of the guidelines for faculty and staff events with alcohol:
- Events with alcohol must be approved by a departmental officer.
- Submit an Alcohol Registration Form for all events serving alcohol on campus. Allow 10 business days after submission for Event Management to review, assess event logistics and determine if Proctors are needed.
- If you will have a cash bar at your event, or your event will be held outside of Lerner Hall, you must apply for a Temporary Beer and Wine Permit with the State Liquor Authority.
- Your event planner will work with you to ensure all necessary requirements are in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable event.
- Follow the rules governing the serving of alcohol as outlined in the policy applicable to your event:
- Alcohol Guidelines for Undergraduate Student Events
- Alcohol Policy for Graduate Student, Faculty and Staff Events
- Outside guests will be informed of relevant policies and guidelines by their event planner
Student Training (Required)
Recognized student groups who will be holding events where alcohol will be served must attend an alcohol training session led by our team.
- Alcohol training sessions are held on Fridays at 12:00 p.m. in Lerner Hall, Room 573.
- Students must register for training by email at least 24 hours in advance of the training date to reserve a space and must have completed the training to Event Management's satisfaction prior to their event.